Sunday, March 4, 2012

Clean Sweep

Saturday was overcast, but we still got outside to do some work. Jack tackled his shed...
 I tackled the garage (aka my storage facility:).
 We made it a family activity. Maggie helped unload the hurricanes' rocks into a ziplock bag. 
 She also found an old teddy bear. She said it was "night, night" time for teddy bear; we found him in her basketball goal.
 Back to work. This is what we call PHASE I: Clean everything out of the space. PHASE II: Clean the space.
 Go through everything you pulled out of your space. What do you need? What can you get rid of/sale?
 Jack lent a hand in the garage. I spilt a huge bottle of laundry detergent! Our garage does smell good now:)
 My empty garage. 
 PHASE III. Reload your space, with less than was in there before; ORGANIZE as you put things back.
 This is my finished product. I sell things at Smiley's Flea Market and we are hoping to have an Estate Sale...then, maybe, in a few months our garage will be completely empty!

*If you haven't used something in over a year (two years if you want to be generous:), get rid of it!
**If you are not using something to decorate the current house you live in, get rid of it! I know somethings are sentimental or you hope to use somethings, but really try to limit yourself on what you keep!
***Have fun organizing...make it a family event! We did!

1 comment: